African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative Program: Are you a female entrepreneur from Africa in need of training and support to develop and grow your business? Then apply for the African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative Program (AWEC). AWEC is accepting applications for its highly selective leadership and business management capacity building program.
AWEC is the accelerant behind hundreds of African women entrepreneurs who have transformed and grown their businesses. The program is seeking the next 200 women who are ready to join the next cohort for a high-impact applied learning experience. The program is designed to expand the knowledge, increase skills and broaden the network of African women entrepreneurs.It is a great opportunity for women to develop their businesses.
AWEC is a 12-month leadership and management capacity building program that seeks to counterbalance the inequities faced by female entrepreneurs in Africa. The program’s blended-learning model – in which most activities take place digitally – releases AWEC from the traditional confines of in-person training programs and enables impact on entrepreneurs across the continent and diaspora.
Learn more about AWEC and how you can get involved as a participant, instructor, mentor, or donor, by visiting the website www.weareawec.org.
Program Sponsor(s): African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative
Program Worth: See Program Benefits (below)
Area of Focus: Entrepreneurship
Country Eligibility: African Countries
To be eligible to apply for the African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative Program:
- Applicants must be women who are founders of businesses that have been in operation for at least two years in any industry ad have at least two employees OR women who have a strong business concept and plan to launch their business within the next year.
- Applicants who are founders of social enterprises are encouraged to apply; founders of NGOs or nonprofit organizations are no longer eligible for the 12-month program
- Must be citizens of any African country, currently living on the continent or in the diaspora
- Must be comfortable with remote teamwork and collaboration, especially using digital tools
- Applicants must be proficient in verbal and written English
- Able to regularly (at least weekly) access the Internet through a computer or tablet
- Form connections with a diverse network of African women entrepreneurs
- Establish a relationship with a senior business mentor
- Strengthen strategy, leadership and business management skills
- Gain skills in finance, marketing, and strategy needed to grow and scale their enterprise
- Develop a toolkit of soft skills, including self-confidence, resilience, collaboration, and cross-cultural communications
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative Program are to apply online and must read and follow all instructions carefully throughout the application process.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2021 at 11:59 UTC