The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2023 is now open to receive applications. The programme is open to Africans from all 54 African countries with scalable business ideas or a business that has been operational for no more than 5 years.
Note that the programme is not open to research institutions, faith based organisations, value adding trading companies, government contractors, and businesses not located in Africa. Click here to apply.
- You must be an African resident in Africa
- You must have a business idea or a business in its early stage (operational for not more than 5 years)
- You can only register with one business. Even if you have multiple ones, pick one that is your best, most feasible/innovative business idea.
- Existing businesses or business ideas must be for profit, and must be the original work of those making the submission.
- Note that the programme is not open to research institutions, faith based organisations, value adding trading companies, government contractors, and businesses not located in Africa.
- Also applicant Businesses must not adversely affect the environment, lives and properties.
Selected applicants will become TEF Alumni and will get;
- Non-refundable seed funding of $5000;
- a world class business training for 12 weeks;
- access to TEf alumni network with over 15000 entrepreneurs across Africa;
- mentoring and networking opportunities via Africa’s largest digital platform for entrepreneurs.
About Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF)
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is the leading champion of entrepreneurship in Africa. Its objective is to empower women and men across our continent, catalysing economic growth, driving poverty eradication and ensuring job creation. TEF believes the private sector’s role is critical for Africa’s development and that the private sector must create both social and economic wealth.
Please note that successful applicants from previous years are not allowed to apply again.