The African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative is a 12-month leadership and management building program. AWEC empowers women from all parts of Africa and the diaspora with the knowledge needed to build scalable business. The program aligns with the United Nations’ SDGs focused on gender equality, economic empowerment and high quality learning opportunities.
- Entrepreneurs or prospective entrepreneurs in any country
- Founders of for-profit or non-profit/NGO ventures
- Comfortable with teamwork and collaboration especially using digital tools
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Regular or at least weekly access to the internet through a computer or tablet.
- Make connections and network with other African women entrepreneurs
- Establish relationships with at least one senior business mentor
- Reinforce strategy and business management skills
- Participants can apply knowledge acquired from the AWEC program to their business in order to sustain growth.
- Participants will be able to develop a toolkit of soft skills including self-confidence, resilience and cross-cultural
The deadline for application is December 17, 2019. To apply, please visit: https://www.thecge.net/awec/apply/