It is 2021 and despite the hardship in the country, you’ve successfully come up with a business idea, done extensive research, gotten the necessary things required and launched your business. You are proud of yourself and you have everything in place.
You have a good customer base because your business solves a problem in this day and age. You are now making the big bucks and you relax. “Some things have to change” you think to yourself, “I will do things on my own terms, the way I like”.
Well, I am here to tell you that “Your terms” may not sit right with your customers and the earlier you realize this, the better. Here are 5 Irks done by business owners that need to change:
- Bad Customer Care: In the early stages of the business, most business owners start off with great customer care, to give a good first impression. However, once the business starts performing well, they seem to relent and take customers for granted. This needs to change, your loyal customers are gotten from the beginning of the business and sustaining them is paramount. The customer is always right and they should always be treated as kings.
- Using foreign pictures of products: Most social media business pages that use foreign pictures usually put most customers off. (PS. This affects the fashion businesses more). Presentation is everything, customers connect better with business they know are readily available in the country. If you still do this, then please, let them be believable and not tacky.
- DM for Price: The attention span of customers is very short; every business owner should aim to catch customers at first glance. The dreaded phrase “DM FOR PRICE” is a turn off. You lose 50% of the people who would have considered patronizing your business with that phrase. Giving ample information about your product is always preferable.
- What I ordered vs what I got: Put in simpler terms, “scamming “. Business owners should desist from promising a particular item and delivering an entirely different item. Most of these businesses usually have a “No refund” policy. You lose customers when you are not trustworthy. Let your A be A, not X.
- Not Having a Website: I mean, this is 2021, if your business is truly credible, you should have a website by now. Some customers have a bias towards businesses with a website and it also a good platform to showcase your business portfolio. Little tip, visit Startweb Africa to help the life of your business. You’re welcome.