No one is too old or young for entrepreneurship. But for kids, they might need some adult help for better planning and management.
Entrepreneurship allows children to develop their talents or whatever it is that they love doing. They might need adult help and supervision at the beginning but over time, entrepreneurship will help boost their critical thinking, management skills, and creative ability.
Here are six (6) business ideas that kids can explore
1. Artistry: Kids love to think they are great artists. There are also super talented kids who can really make beautiful artworks and pieces and this can be a great business idea. The paintings and drawings can be sold to people.
2. Acting: Some top Nollywood and Hollywood actors started out as child actors. Kids who enjoy mimicking people or TV personalities might be showing signs of their acting skills. This can be turned into something profitable for them. This way they are on their way to creating a personal brand for themselves.
3. Jewellery: Some kids love to make jewellery. You can teach your kids how to make beads and sell them to make profit.
4. Cooking and Baking: Yes some kids just love to cook or bake. As a parent or guardian, you can help improve your ward’s culinary skills by signing them up for cooking competitions for kids or enrolling them in culinary schools. They can take advantage of this skill to set up a profitable business where they can cook meals or bake snacks for sale.People love to eat!
5.Blogging: Kids who are internet savvy can start a blog or vlog and make extra money. Video content consumption is growing exponentially on various platforms and kids could make videos or write about what they love on their website.
6. Writing: Kids who are skilled in writing can write their own ebooks and sell online.
Kids are not too young to run their own businesses and become responsible. These kids turn out to become great and successful entrepreneurs over time. Owning businesses will make them see the value of money and understand what it means to build wealth.
Do you have any other business idea for kids? Kindly drop them in the comments section below!