Oba Otudeko is a Nigerian entrepreneur; he is the founder and chairman of Honeywell Group. A lot of people might recognize the group for the production of food such as noodles, pasta, and flour but it is a conglomerate based in Nigeria operating in diversified businesses such as foods and agriculture, telecommunication and infrastructure, real estate and financial services.
Smartpreneur lists 7 Things you should know about Oba Otudeko
1.Oba Otudeko founded the Honeywell group in 1972, initially majoring in importation and marketing of commodities (such as stockfish, glass, steel rods, and others) between the North and South of Nigeria and later across the West African sub-region, especially Ghana.
2. He was born on 18 August 1943 in Ibadan, Oyo state to a royal family.
3. He studied Accountancy at the Leeds College of Commerce Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom. He took executive management training programmes at International Institute for Management Development, Harvard Business School, and Hult International Business School. Otudeko is a Chartered Banker, Chartered Accountant and a Chartered Corporate Secretary
4. Otudeko was in bank employment for 23 years, becoming a General Manager and acting Chief Executive Officer of the then Cooperative Bank, Ibadan, and retiring in 1983. The Federal government of Nigeria appointed him a Director to the Board of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
5. In September 2006, he was elected the 16th president of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and aimed to transform the Nigerian capital market
6. Apart from Honey Group, Otudeko has been Chairman on several levels with high-ranking organizations. He is the chairman of FBN Holdings Plc. At various points, he has been Chairman of Airtel Nigeria Limited and Fan Milk of Nigeria Plc. He was on the Board of First Bank of Nigeria Plc for 12 years, retiring as the Chairman in 2010. He was chairman of the Nigerian South African Chamber of Commerce (NSACC). He was also Chancellor of the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun state from 2001 to 2010.
7. Otudeko partnered with Radizor Group to set up Radisson Blu Hotel in Lagos, Nigeria.