As an entrepreneur, decision making is a key step in your customers’ journey as they consider buying your goods or services. You have probably come across customers that are ‘stuck’ when deciding what to buy or what service they need you to render to them. Dealing with indecisive customers can be tasking and frustrating. Here are some tips to help them decide:
- Find out why they are hesitant to buy or use your service: Ask them what exactly they need the product for. Knowing why your customers want to buy will help you decide on what to give them.
- Educate them on the things they are confused about: Some of your customers aren’t aware or sure of some things, and that can make them indecisive. It could be their dress size, shoe size, type of content to use, choice of colour, etc. Ensure to educate them based on their descriptions, assumptions and feelings. Make sure to provide the right education. Help their doubts.
- Be patient with them: Let them take their time. You don’t need to impose anything on them. Allow them to freely come back to you for suggestions. Don’t be in a hurry to make suggestions to them that you end up giving what they don’t desire. This would reduce their potential to buy from you again.
- Give honest opinions: Say it as it is. Don’t hold on to the truth because you want your goods to leave your shelves. Tell them what you think is the best fit for them. Tell them the truth about how the product works.
- Give them reasons to buy: Tell them how important the product is to them and why they need to go for that particular one. However, be open-minded as they might not buy into your suggestions. Don’t come at them if they don’t. Wait for feedback afterwards.
- Encourage them to buy from you: Help them clear their doubts.
- Know their budget: How much is the customer willing to pay for your product? Do they need a discount?
With all of these, we trust you to handle indecisive customers better and rack up more sales.