The International Breweries Foundation, a division of International Breweries Plc and a proud member of the AB InBev Group, is currently accepting applications for the 2023 kickstart program. The primary objective of this program is to initiate impactful, developmental, and sustainable projects. Kickstart, an initiative of the Foundation, focuses on fostering the growth and development of young entrepreneurs. Through this program, youth-owned businesses receive support in the form of training, access to capital through grants, and mentoring.
In addition to Nigeria, Kickstart is also available in various other African countries as part of the AB InBev Group’s Africa Zone initiative. The program has already achieved success in South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, and Tanzania. In Nigeria, the program was first launched in 2016 and has completed three editions in the South West and South East regions. Since 2019, Kickstart has evolved into a nationwide intervention, now open to youths from all six geo-political zones of the country.
- Grant of up to N3million Naira
To participate in the Kickstart program, interested individuals must complete and submit an application form. In order to be considered for shortlisting, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Age: Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years old.
2. Communication: Proficiency in the English language (reading, writing, and speaking).
3. Location: Reside in Nigeria and conduct business operations within the country.
4. Business Areas: The program is open to businesses operating in the following sectors:
a. Agriculture (Rice Farming, Maize Farming, Sorghum Farming)
b. Circular Packaging
c. Retailing (Retail of International Breweries Product)
d. Renewable Energy
5. Business Duration: Only businesses established within the past 3 years (0 to 3 years) are eligible.
The deadline for submitting applications is Monday, July 24th, 2023.