The Investing in Innovation Africa (i3) program is a consortium of donors, industry actors, and African institutions that supports healthcare supply chain innovation start-ups in Africa. i3 provides risk-tolerant funding and access to markets support to 60 promising early- and growth-stage start-ups to power their impact and scale. The program connects African-led supply chain innovators with leading local and international industry players, financial institutions, donors, and governments to establish partnerships and pilot projects. Additionally, i3 provides tailored investment readiness support from leading innovation experts to participating start-ups.
Start-ups that wish to apply for the Investing in Innovation Africa (i3) program must fulfill several criteria.
1. The company must be owned, led, or operated by an African with an equity stake, and have an active role in both strategic and day-to-day decision making.
2. The start-up must have a legal presence on the African continent, offer products or services focused on serving the needs of African customers, and be in the early or growth stage of development.
3. The program only considers technology-enabled businesses with data-driven products or services focused on health product distribution.
4. The start-up must be able to demonstrate that grant funding will generate direct improvements in availability, accessibility, quality, affordability, or visibility of critical health products.
5. The program prioritizes supporting women-led companies and those operating in Francophone Africa.
6. Non-profit organizations, consulting firms, intermediaries, and consortia are not eligible.
Application deadline: June 26, 2023
If you have any questions about the application process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 22nd.