Business is not always smooth and glamorous. It comes with challenges and doubts.
Here are 5 tips on how to manage uncertainty in your business
1. Have a contingency plan. Have a Plan B, and maybe even a Plan C. Know how you intend to react to “what if” scenarios.
2. Separate fact from speculation. Try to understand the current conditions so as to predict and plan for the future. But to be effective, speculation must be based on fact.
3. Diversify your product/service offering: During times of uncertainty, it can be wise to step back and consider sectors where your products and specialisation could offer transferrable benefits
4. Revisit your marketing plan. If you don’t actually have a written marketing plan, now is the time for your business to develop one.
5. Pay closer attention to your numbers. During uncertain times it is vital to know your numbers and what they mean to the success of your business. Understand what products, services, customers, and business segments make you money and which ones do not. Then focus on activities that will generate the most profit.