As part of moves to enhance the expansion of women-led businesses in the African market, the Stephen Akintayo foundation is receiving applications for $5000 grants to African women in business.
Who is eligible to apply?
This grant is open to;
- Women-led businesses leveraging technology to scale their businesses
- Women-led registered businesses with operations in sub-Saharan Africa
Note: All applicant businesses should be technology and SDG driven.
How to apply
- Click here or copy https://foundation.stephenakintayofoundation.org/women-in-business-grant/ and paste in your browser;
- When you get to the application page, fill in your first and last name, contact details, instagram handle (for your business), and the registered name of your business in the appropriate columns.
- Click on choose grant, and select 2023 women in business grants
- Upload a JPEG image of yourself
- Submit your application
Applications close by midnight of March 17, 2023. Selected businesses will attend virtual bootcamp via the SAU platform, and at the end of the Bootcamp, get to pitch their businesses before a panel of expert judges.
Prize to be won
The winning businesses will go home with $5000 cash bursary plus other additional benefits.
About Stephen Akintayo Foundation
The Stephen Akintayo Foundation (SAF) was founded in 2008 by Dr. Stephen Akintayo, an entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist who is passionate about Africa’s economic development.
Its objective is to empower 100,000,000 men and women across Africa by the year 2030, by providing the proper resources and training thereby inducing global economic growth, enhancing job creation and eradicating poverty.