As part of its initiative to support young entrepreneurial Nigerians, MTN Nigeria has kicked off a new campaign called MTN Pulse ‘Blow My Hustle’. In this initiative, 100 small existing businesses and new business start-ups will be selected to undergo mentorship and training; and 20 of these number will walk away with cash and training worth N68 million (N68,000,000).
Speaking at a press conference in Lagos, Adia Sowho, Chief Marketing Officer, MTN Nigeria, said the campaign signifies that MTN has a passion for young people that aligns with its aim to connect.
According to Adia, young entrepreneurs in Nigeria between 18 and 36 years go through the pain of raising funds for their businesses, and “this is something we are trying to solve in our capacity through the “Blow My Hustle” Initiative.”
Sowho said: “the ‘hustle spirit’ amongst Nigeria’s young people is truly inspiring as they are innovative, entrepreneurial. MTN is here to support that ‘hustle’ so that their dreams can become reality. Young business owners have told us what they need, and with MTN Pulse Blow My Hustle, we will share business skills from experts in relevant fields, and create access to financial grants. We look forward to the transformation that this initiative will propel.”
She noted that 20 people will walk away with cash and training worth N68 million (N68,000,000) to take their hustles to the next level, while business grants, training, and data are available for all entries that reach the final stage.
How to Apply
- First, you need to visit the Pulse website at www.mtn.ng/pulse.
- Click on the “Blow My Hustle” banner.
- Next, click on “Submit your entry”.
- Fill in your personal information. Remember to use your MTN Phone Number.
- On the Next page select the category that best fits your hustle.
- Describe your hustle in 200 words. Make sure your write-up drives home why your hustle needs to blow!
- Upload a 90-second video that would wow the Judges and takes you to the next level.
- Click on the verification button to confirm your identity.
- Confirm availability for the online training session.
- Read through the Terms and Conditions then Click Accept and submit your application.
- Entries close on October 31, 2022
Why the initiative is timely?
According to a 2021 report by the Fate Institute, 67 per cent of Nigerian entrepreneurs are young people aged 18 to 35 years. The report reveals that the Nigerian entrepreneurial sector is developing at a strong pace and identified scarce financing opportunities as a source of frustration for the entrepreneurs. MTN Nigeria seeks to help fill this gap through the MTN Pulse Blow My Hustle campaign.