In a previous article, we discussed the importance of having a website as a small business owner. To save you time and energy, we have tested some of the most popular website builders for small African businesses. We’ve uncovered the type of business each would fit best and have graded the builders based on their usability, design, and customizability. And here is one that could be the best website builder for online business or online stores. If you have a product you are selling, be it a digital product or a physical product, this Website builder can work well for you.
All in all, we like Startweb Africa the most. This drag-and-drop DIY website builder has it all: it’s easy to use, it is an international platform that can connect you with customers abroad, and it’s easily customizable as it enables you to customize almost everything you can think of. Startweb also allows you to post more than ten pictures, select your preferred category from fashion, food, lifestyle etc., and create, send and track email campaigns. It has good security features to keep your site and customers safe online, provides you with SEO and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, gives you a seamless view of your website backend to enable you to track your business and customers effectively, and helps you carry out monthly maintenance of your site without fuss.
Ready to get started? All you need do is:
- Click on this link: https://startweb.africa/ to take you to the page.
- The page pops up like in the picture below. Click on “Start building.
- You are brought here.
- Then click on any of the banners on the page, look for “Get Started” and click on it.
- A page with a form pops up and all you need to do is register with your name, email address, and a preferred password. You should confirm that you aren’t a robot and click on “Submit.”
- After submission, you will be transferred to a page where you can select any template and category. There are numerous customizable templates to help you sell products easily, so simply go through them and pick the one that best fits your needs. There are templates for influencers, content creators, freelancers, agencies, etc. All you need to do is replace the text, images and videos to highlight your best work and add your profile and contact information for potential clients to get in touch with you!
- Give your website a name: This is the part where you input your business name or whichever title you want to give your website. Pick something as close to your brand name as possible and something that potential customers would remember easily. You can also personalize your page by entering your name, address, and location again.
- After giving your website a name, you are taken to this page. Here you can begin to design your website according to your desire. You can infuse your brand colour, logo, font, style, etc. You can also integrate a payment processor that would allow people to pay after their orders. To do all this, locate a panel on the left side of the page. You will see 3 horizontal lines, a plus sign, a colour pencil and a few other icons that would help you to fully customize your website.
Having completed these steps, you can be sure that your website is ready and available to be accessed by your potential customers with no stress. All you have to do is include the links in your campaigns and let your customers get connected to it.